Sister of the Immaculate Heart of Mary – Chicago PDO
4827 Kenmore Ave. N., Chicago, IL 60640.
Sr. M. Nkiruka Okafor IHM, PhD
+1 773 312 0582
The Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Philanthropic Development and Mission Office (IHM PDO) is the IHM Sisters Foundation in the United States of America (USA). Since the arrival of the IHM Sisters in the USA in 1998, the Sisters have engaged in Mission Appeals and other activities aimed at sharing their mission and inviting others to be part of that mission. In October 2016, a more formal reorganization of this mission started. Further research led to the engagement of the services of Spring Rain Global as consultant to this venture. The IHM PDO Office aims to:
- Share in the mission of Jesus Christ through the Church in our particular Institute through our Charism- Compassion, and our Spirit- Humility.
- Establish a continuing, systematic, and long-term program for generating funds to carry out this mission through our Institute.
- Consolidate all fundraising efforts in our institute through articulation of the needs and maintaining the database of the various ways we carry out our mission.
- Source for resources from individuals, corporations, foundations, and others to support our mission.
- Ensure that the funds serve our non-profit/philanthropic goals with proper accountability.
- Cultivate donor-donee relations by ensuring professional relationship with donors thus preventing donor fatigue.
- Maintain compliance with civil and religious laws governing non-profit organizations in the USA.
The IHM PDO believes that every person has the right to a dignified life.
However, we see problems of poverty and illiteracy, degradation of climate, lack of access to education and quality health care, neglect of women, children, the elderly and the under privileged and displaced communities.
With this, we provide food, clothing, medical treatment and shelter; education and scholarship, sustainable livelihood and ongoing values formation for the poor and lowly placed.
We commit, with humble service and compassion, to the upliftment of lives and to making this world a better place for all.
- Community Health Development
- Environmental Sustainability,
- Pastoral Care
- Care for Vulnerable Persons
- Infrastructure and Equipment